Web
Analytics

“Fran”

“Fran”

“Character is, for the most part, simply habit become fixed.”

~C.H. Parkhurst

Workout of the Day –From Brass Ring Basic Training

Warmup

Run 1 mile

Stretch 10 minutes

100 Jumping Jacks

Workout

21 – 15 – 9

• Thrusters (heavy = 95lbs / light = 65lbs)
  • Pull Ups

Take the warmup nice and slow. Do a nice easy mile, a thorough stretch, and a single set of 100 jumping jacks.

This is a quick workout, but should be pursued with great intensity. Try to accomplish this workout in less than 5 minutes. You should finish with nothing left.

By |2017-01-10T11:40:43+00:00October 21st, 2008|Categories: All Entries, Elite Athlete WOD|

About the Author:

6 Comments

1. Alex L. October 21, 2008 at 6:29 pm

Did my workout for today, i feel little slow after my ankle last week.

2. Chandler W October 21, 2008 at 10:54 pm

Last time I did Fran my time was 6:50 with the prescribed weight. I feel confident it will be a lot faster next time.
    Today I did reverse Tabatha 10:20×16 ten seconds on 20 seconds off for 16 sets. I did it using CSS this time rather than freestyle.

3. Andrew Langbehn October 22, 2008 at 7:48 am

Hey Coach,
    On Monday because of work, I didn’t think I would have time to do the “Running With Angie” workout so instead I did a “Eureka” workout and then did a 25 minute core/running workout. My time for “Eureka” was 29 minutes 42 seconds. On Tuesday I made sure to do the “Running with Angie” workout since I had missed it earlier. My time was 1hr 3 min. I was disappointed with my time. I felt that I could do better, but for some reason I just couldn’t. I want to make sure to do this workout again so that I can prove that I can complete it faster. The hardest part of the workout was the 100 pull ups in a row, and after I finished the” Running with Angie” workout I did a 15 minute core workout.

4. Andrew Langbehn October 22, 2008 at 7:51 am

Hey Coach,
    I forgot to ask, on a workout like Tuesday’s when it says like 65 lbs for thrusters, does it mean 65 lbs for each arm or is it like both the dumbells should should add up to 65 lbs?

5. Coach October 22, 2008 at 8:04 am

That would be 65lbs total for the light, and 95lbs total for the heavy.

Good job on the workouts. Running with Angie is a tough one. Your time is not terrible, but I know what you mean.

6. Bruce Call October 23, 2008 at 10:25 am

I struggled with this workout my time was over 10 minutes with 40lb weights. Once again I have found somehting new to work on THRUSTERS/PULLUPS.

Comments are closed.